Can You Please Let Me?
Not asking for much
If anything, at all
Just asking to open my eyes
And face the call
There's more I know it
Beyond the darkness that's around
Everything's out there
It just needs to be found
For as long as I'm held back
With both hands tied
When I am able to step out
I might get scared and hide.
Here's what I say,
Small steps first
You can even hold my hand
It's not solitude I thirst.
Then when I'm ready
And you feel it too
Trust me, trust your heart, let go
I will always come back to you.
And so this way
Small steps will lead to strides
I will have confidence
To go out and come back, as do the tides.
And then when I'm thrust forward
Or take a leap of faith
Both I and you will be ready
For that day that dost awai'th.
For you see I believe fully
In the wisdom from above
Even Noah, having only two,
Had to send out one dove.
Out of faith, and he believed
That God knew what He was doing
And he would be caused once again
To hear the gentle dove's cooing.
So believeing that, God is watching over
And I'm ready to step out
Let me open my eyes
Look out, have not fear, and no doubt.
If anything, at all
Just asking to open my eyes
And face the call
There's more I know it
Beyond the darkness that's around
Everything's out there
It just needs to be found
For as long as I'm held back
With both hands tied
When I am able to step out
I might get scared and hide.
Here's what I say,
Small steps first
You can even hold my hand
It's not solitude I thirst.
Then when I'm ready
And you feel it too
Trust me, trust your heart, let go
I will always come back to you.
And so this way
Small steps will lead to strides
I will have confidence
To go out and come back, as do the tides.
And then when I'm thrust forward
Or take a leap of faith
Both I and you will be ready
For that day that dost awai'th.
For you see I believe fully
In the wisdom from above
Even Noah, having only two,
Had to send out one dove.
Out of faith, and he believed
That God knew what He was doing
And he would be caused once again
To hear the gentle dove's cooing.
So believeing that, God is watching over
And I'm ready to step out
Let me open my eyes
Look out, have not fear, and no doubt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home